Complaint Review: HOG

• Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Donald Jett — Port St. Lucie Florida
Nationwide USA

HOG Harley Owners Group Road side assistance was not helpful at all Nationwide

My Harley had a flat tire in Murphy North Carolina.  Called  HOG Raodside Assistance at 648 pm.  Was on the phone for 34 minutes and people that were with me were looking up things on their phones so I could tell Brandy where to tow the bike for repair. Brandy finally said I hate to have you keep holding while I am looking for a tow truck, can I call you back. At 745 pm I called back and got Jason.  I ask for Brandy since she had all of my information.  He put me on hold and came back to say that Brandy was no longer available. He did call me by name, so I knew he had my information. He was going to work on getting a tow truck for me.

I tried to pin him down on how long but he would not commit. This call lasted 14 minutes. No call back from him. I called again at 801pm and Jason picked up again.  I ask for his supervisor, he said hold, which I di for about 10 minutes and finally I hung up. [continued below]....

..... The supervisor never picked up. I waited about 15 minutes and called back. I spoke to Jason again and ask for his supervisor. She picked up this time and was very apologetic, and she was going to handle this personally at this point.

She would call me back as soon as she found a tow company. After waiting another20 minutes, with no call back, my wife calls and speaks to her. Again very apologetic, but no results. In the meantime, I had a 20 year old niece that had found a tow company that would be to us in 45 minutes. We called back the roadside assistance and let them know we did not need them to find anyone. Not that they were going to anyway, it had already been about 3 hours and no results, not even a call back one time to update us. I paid $150 out of pocket for the tow company.

Now here's the kicker. Since I was in North Carolina mountains my cell phone got no reception at all. A Roy from Customer Care had left me 2 messages that I was not able to pick up until I was on my way home from vacation 5 days later on Saturday or Sunday. I called Roy and left him a message on Monday. No call back from him, no call back on Tuesday. I waited until Wednesday just in case he was on his 2 days off and I left another message. No call back. So the message I left today, Thursday for him was that evidently he is too busy handling customer complaints to call me back at this time so do not bother. There is nothing he can do for me at this point anyway.

I have been a HOG Memeber since 2004 and paid my dues only to try and use this service this time and go through this. My suggestion to anyone who is joinging HOG because they get the roadside assistance, don't do it. Your money could be better spent with a company who provides that service because HOG Roadside Assistance evidently does not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOG-/nationwide/HOG-Harley-Owners-Group-Road-side-assistance-was-not-helpful-at-all-Nationwide-1166341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOG