Complaint Review: HOME WARRENTY OF AMERICA

• Updated: Fri, June 10, 2011

• Reported By: Dennis — San Marcos Texas United States of America
HOME WARRENTY OF AMERICA
PO BOX 850 Internet United States of America

HOME WARRENTY OF AMERICA RIP OFF OF A HOME WARRANTY DID NOT PERFORM DID NOT FIX STOVE Internet

*Consumer Comment: Did the WHOLE STOVE QUIT? if so check the house's fuse box

Home Warranty of American took my money and did not honor their warranty and then did not want to give me a full refund. As far as I am concern they are a complete rip off company and no one should every use this company unless you want to be rip off.

First they send a man in a unmark car and no uniform to look at the stove, he told me it did not work and change me $75 dollars to tell me something that I already knew, but this is the person that Home Warranty send out.

They then told me I needed a home inspection to honor my warranty, they did not tell me this when they took my money and give me a worthless contract. I had a person to look at the home before I brought it and send a report to them per their request and still they did not honor the warranty.

I told them I wanted a full refund because they did not honor their warranty. Home Warranty of American then told me that they would only give me a part refund because my house was covered. I told them that my house has not covered because they did not honor their contract. The stove stopped working the first month after I brought the house.

I have also filed 3 complain with the BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois and nothing. I cannot find any of the three reports that were filed with the BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois. I like to know what has happen to these reports and I also told the BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois that I wanted these reports to remain on file until I got a complete refund or my stove fixed. You can ask  BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois for a complete copy of my report if they have somewhere in there files, where I could not find a copy of the report in the BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois files.  I kept a printed copy that I can fax to anyone that wants a copy of the report filed.

Here is the informaiton on the company address and phones numbers, be sure to not use this company at all cost.

Call us Toll-Free: 1-888-492-7359      1-888-325-5143

For service requests, press option 2Or Email us:

info@hwahomewarranty.comHome Warranty of America

P.O. Box 850

Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069-0850

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOME-WARRENTY-OF-AMERICA/internet/HOME-WARRENTY-OF-AMERICA-RIP-OFF-OF-A-HOME-WARRANTY-DID-NOT-PERFORM-DID-NOT-FIX-STOVE-Int-739156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOME WARRENTY OF AMERICA