Complaint Review: HOSTMONSTER.COM

• Updated: Sat, June 08, 2013

• Reported By: Tawny — Las Vegas Nevada
Internet USA

HOSTMONSTER.COM Beware HostMonster Will Rip You Off! Internet

I was a customer of Hostmonsters for years. I decided to switch to another company to host my website. I called Hostmonster and cancelled over the phone, at the same time I got instructions to switch my domain URL to the other company.

A year later, I discover Hostmonster had billed me for hosting my website that was being hosted by another company. (They bill in 6 months increments, so I missed the charge twice.) In other words, they billed me for services they didn't provide.

I contacted them about why they charged me when I wasn't using any of their services, and their excuse was that my "account was open" and I should have used the "cancellation form" not cancel over the phone.

They refused to give me my money back.

If you want to be charged for services you're not getting, this is the company for you. They are a true RIP-OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOSTMONSTERCOM/internet/HOSTMONSTERCOM-Beware-HostMonster-Will-Rip-You-Off-Internet-1057183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOSTMONSTER.COM