Complaint Review: HOSTWAY

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: Scottyrocks — Chicago Illinois
HOSTWAY
100 N Riverside, Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60606 Internet USA

HOSTWAY They set their default preferences to auto-renew on domain names purchased, without notifying the user of their deceitful practice. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Auto Renew

I'm exhausted by companies like HOSTWAY siphoning off my hard earned money through deceitful practices like AUTO RENEW and automatically charging my card for unauthorized renewals. Hostway's defaults are set to AUTO RENEW on domain name purchases made through their service.

When I purchase ANY service from Hostway, I expect simple, clear communication.

When I purchase domains, whether it is 1 year or 5, I don't expect HOSTWAY to set their default preferences to auto renew my purchases without my prior knowledge.

Then to have 2 emails sent to me, consecutively, telling me its MY fault, is horrible customer service.

It also insults my intelligence to say its MY RESPONSIBILTY, when in fact, you gave no kind of indication that my purchases would automatically, from the HOSTWAY end, be set up for AUTO RENEW and then tell me I'm the one for turning off that radio button.

Shameful practice. I wonder how much $ you siphon from the thousands of users that have no idea of your questionable service practices.

I plan on taking this up the food chain until I can find someone who acknowledges the fault is HOSTWAY'S , not mine.

Shameful, HOSTWAY. Shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOSTWAY/internet/HOSTWAY-They-set-their-default-preferences-to-auto-renew-on-domain-names-purchased-witho-1058580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOSTWAY

Auto Renew

AUTHOR: Hostway - ()

We're sorry to hear of your bad experience with our company. Unfortunately. according to our TOU all hosting and DNR services are auto renewed for the customers convenience and it’s a self-managed service.