Complaint Review: HOTWIRE RENTAL CAR - HOTWIRE.com

• Submitted: Mon, July 19, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, July 19, 2010

• Reported By: Linda Douglas — Glendale Arizona United States of America
HOTWIRE RENTAL CAR - HOTWIRE.com

HOTWIRE RENTAL CAR - HOTWIRE.com CAR RENTAL RIPOFF - BEWARE - You end up paying more than double for a car rental using HOTWIRE! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I use Hotline car rentals often

SCAM - I contacted Hotwire.com to book a car rental at Chicago Midway Airport.  I was mislead by the customer service representative at time of booking.  Hotwire failed to tell about all the extra hidden fees, charges and rules for booking a car with them.  It was a complete ripoff.  Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOTWIRE-RENTAL-CAR-HOTWIREcom/internet/HOTWIRE-RENTAL-CAR-HOTWIREcom-CAR-RENTAL-RIPOFF-BEWARE-You-end-up-paying-more-than-624871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOTWIRE RENTAL CAR - HOTWIRE.com

I use Hotline car rentals often

AUTHOR: frequentraveler - ()

I'm sorry someone had a bad experience with Hotwire. However, as someone who frequently uses Hotwire to book cars,  I had to speak up. I've used Hotwire to rent cars all over the country,  and never had a problem. I've consistently gotten good service and very low rates. I'll note that I've never booked a reservation over the phone. I always use the internet, and Hotwire's policies and taxes are all clearly spelled out on the website. I recommend using Hotwire for the cheapest car rental, and I recommend you do it online.