Complaint Review: HOTWIRE

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Lake Jackson, Texas — Lake Jackson Texas
HOTWIRE
INTERNET, Select State/Province USA

HOTWIRE HOTWIRE CALLED ME A LIAR AND SAID I WAS TYRING MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM INTERNET

We were unable to make it to our destination due to an unheared gate change announcement. We decided to cancel the trip because there were not  any flights available that would get us to our destination by 8 a.m. the following morning. I called HOTWIRE out of common courtsey to Alamo to say that we would NOT be picking the rental up. I figured that HOTWIRE would contact Alamo to inform them that my reservation could be given to someone else if needed. I knew there was a NO REFUND POLICY and was not asking for a refund. I even told the man I was not calling for that. The man, who would not give his name, proceeded to ask questions about the flight. He proceeded to tell me that I was lying and was trying to manipulate him with lies. He said he pulled my flight up and it was showing no gate changes and an on-time departure. There was a gate change along with 4 different delays causing the plane to leave 3 hours after original schedule. This is beside the point, though.  I was only calling out of courtsey to Alamo. He was very unprofessional, rude, and disrespectful! I understand that plenty of people probably try to debunk the system but he still should use professionalism with customers and possible returning customers. I will NEVER use them again because of this one employee and will continue to spread the word to everyone I know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOTWIRE/INTERNET-Select-StateProvince/HOTWIRE-HOTWIRE-CALLED-ME-A-LIAR-AND-SAID-I-WAS-TYRING-MANIPULATE-THE-SYSTEM-INTERNET-1116672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOTWIRE