Complaint Review: HOTWIRE

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: DEBINFLA — FT. WALTON BEACH Florida United States of America
HOTWIRE

HOTWIRE BE AWARE OF HOTWIRE.COM. READ THE FINE PRINT. Internet

I booked a rental car through Hotwire and used my Visa/Debit card to pay for the car rental. I live in Florida and had rented the car to drive to Birmingham,Al. When I got to Alamo to pick up the car I had not only reserved but also paid for in full, I was informed by the rental car agent that they do not accept payment with a debit card. They informed me that although Hotwire accepts debit cards that the rental car company would not.  The rental car company told me they could accept the card if I could show them my airline itinerary. I explained I would not be flying anywhere, that I was renting the car to drive to Birmingham. I called Hotwire and they explained that I could not cancel the reservation and my money could not be refunded. What a RIPOFF. If it had not been for the concerned car rental agent I would have simply been out of luck. The Alamo agent made a special exception due to my circumstances and worked things out so I could rent the car. I will never use Hotwire again. I booked a hotel reservations through them in October. My sister stayed in the same hotel on the same days and the hotel actually gave her a better rate than the "DEAL" we got through Hotwire. Basically HOTWIRE SUCKS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOTWIRE/internet/HOTWIRE-BE-AWARE-OF-HOTWIRECOM-READ-THE-FINE-PRINT-Internet-968039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOTWIRE