Complaint Review: HOTWIRE

• Reported By: nicole — portland Oregon USA
HOTWIRE
www.hotwire.com Internet United States of America

HOTWIRE Hotwire.com Classic Bait & Switch Scam Internet

* : Sorry for your experience but..

I booked a complete travel package on hotwire.com which included Air, Hotel & Car rental. I filled out all my information and clicked "book it". The next screen was the confirmation page to print out. In bright red letters I noticed...

Unfortunately we were unable to book the rental car you selected. This is due to a change in availability or price. The rest of your trip has been booked. You were not charged for the rental car.

They changed the terms of our deal AND the price without my approval but went ahead and charged my credit card. When they sell you a complete package they never break down the price. They don't tell you what each items costs. So how can they choose X amount to deduct for the car and assume I would be ok with that? I was not ok with it! The company didn't refund my money when I called and asked for it and made zero effort to correct the problem. I can't belive such a big company can get away with this kind of behavior!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOTWIRE/internet/HOTWIRE-Hotwirecom-Classic-Bait-Switch-Scam-Internet-494956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOTWIRE

#1

Sorry for your experience but..

AUTHOR: [email protected] - (U.S.A.)

while they may not break down the costs per portion for you, I would imagine they have the breakdown on their end to know what to deduct.

As for the problem booking the car, it may not have been because they didn't like the price.  Someone else may have snagged that car before you.  That being said, you should have been given the option to select a new vehicle or cancel the booking when that occurred.

This is the danger of outfits like hotwire or other travel sites.  Many times they are non-refundable and you must fight for your money, possibly never winning because of some mice type in the T&C.

Try to keep going up the food chain at Hotwire and you might find someone who can help you.