Complaint Review: HOUSEHOLD BANK

• Submitted: Wed, March 15, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:everett Washington
HOUSEHOLD BANK
P.O BOX 17037 BALTIMORE, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-543-1080
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HOUSEHOLD BANK ripoff BALTIMORE Maine

*Consumer Comment: Why couldn't you have flipped the page back?

*Consumer Comment: Like the other poster said...

*Consumer Suggestion: Baltimore,Maine?

I read a couple of reports on household bank, regarding h&r blocks rapid refund. I am also running into the same problems. H&R block has a contract that is 2 pages, the guts of the contract are on one page, when you sigh on the other page. They presented the #s for my refund, broken down so i could see the fees. At that point the page with the guts was flipped and then was told to sigh but read the agreement first. the info you needed to read was flipped. this is bad practices. The outcome of all this is on page one, it stated they will get your refund in 12 days from the irs or you must pay in full the refund amount plus all fees. My refund was for 7200 dollars. I now haft to pay my loan and fees plus 1.5% till it is payed, they call me 3 times a day to collect. I am working with the irs to fix the problem, but will take 9 to 12 weeks. i spent all the money to pay bills with interest on them to save me money. Now it will cost so much more now. This info should have been explained to me, not flipped over. the part that bugs me the most was the flipped page with the guts on it says signature onfile. I SURE WISH I KNEW MY NAME WAS ON FILE!!!

Brock
Everett, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2006 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOUSEHOLD-BANK/BALTIMORE-Maine-21297/HOUSEHOLD-BANK-ripoff-BALTIMORE-Maine-181461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOUSEHOLD BANK

Why couldn't you have flipped the page back?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

What prevented you from flipping the page over to read the "guts" of the agreement before you signed it?

Like the other poster said...

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

I'm a Mainer too and there is no such place as Baltimore Maine, there is however a Baltimore MARYLAND. I'm pretty sure either you or the people that sent it need to learn postal abbreviations (ME=Maine, MD=Maryland, MA=Massachusetts).

AUTHOR: Brock - (U.S.A.)

I took the adress off the collection notice. This is a nation wide company with many locations. The are a bank. Where they are is not inporttant what they did is. i have contacted them to see if they will work with me while i refinance my house to pay them in full. It will take about 60 day. They are not iterested in doing that. They stated that this will hit my credit report on april 5th. That will not give me enuff time. i am s.o.l.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Baltimore,Maine?

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

I was born and raised in the state of Maine and there is no such place as Baltimore, Maine. In the event that I may have been mistaken I took out my local phonebook to verify and I was not mistaken. No such place.