• Submitted: Sun, December 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, December 12, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — bronx New York United States of America

HOUSEHOLD FINANCE COMPANY Misinformed of Loan Modification and now they keep stating the arren't recieving documents etc. NEW YORK, Internet

Household finance originally gave me a loan modification on my second mortgage in completion of the modification never sent out any documents of finalization, I paid their demands for 6 months after the 6th month they sent a payment sheet with the original full loan. When I called they said they do not conduct permanent modifications only temporary . I said what ? Why didn't you inform me from the beginning?  They said I had to resubmit hardship papers, but for 7 months now I keep getting denied for lack of documents when I have proof I fax them all their requests. And according to the fax they recieved the documents. Recently they did it again. And they continue to ask me to pay the full amount of the loan which takes me 100,000 over what my house is worth right now. At a 14 % interest rate on the loan. They think their slick because the longer you procrastinate the modification the more interest and lateness it developes. So they are robbing you while you request modification. I explained to them just modify the payments and leave the loan in full I'm willing to pay my debt  but give me a payment I can afford and you will recieve your money. I'm not trying to get over but they act like they don't make millions and millions and to change a payment amount for a customer is going to leave them starving. You would think they'ld say " the guy was paying fine, lets leave it and we'll get our money consistently". They are so much not for the customer , in my opinion stay away from them .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2010 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-COMPANY/internet/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-COMPANY-Misinformed-of-Loan-Modification-and-now-they-keep-stating-the-670698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOUSEHOLD FINANCE COMPANY