• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2008

• Reported By:Bremerton Washington
9987 Silverdale Way NW # 103 SILVERDALE, Washington U.S.A.

In 1995 I owned my home outright except for a $25,000 loan at 3%, I got from the city of Bremerton for first time home buyers for home repairs. When I tried to get more for the repairs to my home, I was told by the city that if I did get someone a loan from someone, they would need to be paid off first. I shopped around and that is when it all started. I should have listened to my friends when they told me not to go to Household Finance for my loan. But as a fool and because they were the first one to help me get the money I needed to finish fixing my home, I fell in to their trap. Because my credit wasn't good, they first put my loan at 10.28 %. They paid off the cities part and gave me the difference for a $70,000 loan. That was in 1997. I paid my payments except for a couple of times being a little late. I had to go into the hospital a couple of times because of illness and I started getting lots of medical bills I just couldn't keep up with them all. It was either file for bankruptcy and loose my home that I put so much into. I was back 2 months with household already but they told me that if I reafirmed with them I wouldn't loose my home and it would be like starting fresh all over. So I did. That was in 2005.

From that day forward I was never even a day late because I had my bank send the monthly payments to them every month on time. I was even able to start paying some on my principle. I had gotten down to where my balance on my bills I got from Household was only $68,000 and some. At this time started my credit was a little better and I decided to look for a place to where I could lower my interest rate. I had already gone past the 2 year pre-payment penalty time period that household had put on my loan. I first asked them and they turned me down so I went looking for someone else. My bank finally was the one who was able to lower my payments and my interest rate to just 7. some %.

Now is where Household really ripped me off. I game my bank the last bill I had recieved from houseld and they were all ready to pay off all my bills as well as them when they come up with a bill for an extra $9,000 some odd dollars for late fees and penalty fee before I filed for Bankruptcy to which I was never told I owed till then. My bank said the only way they could aprove my loan would be to first pay the extra amount household said I owed. So in order to get my loan I finally had to pay household finance Corp. in Silverdale Washington $78,000 some odd dollars. that was over $8,000 some odd dollars than my original loan I had started 11 years ealier. Don't let this happen to you!!

Bremerton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP/SILVERDALE-Washington-98383/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP-DID-THIS-TO-ME-DONT-LET-THEM-DO-THIS-TO-YOU-SILVERDALE-Washing-378882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP.