Complaint Review: HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP

• Reported By: John C. — Ontario California United States of America
HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP
PO Box 5233 Internet United States of America

HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP - HFC - HSBC - HFC Mortgage Services Internet

My ripoff began at time of mortgage offer. I was offered a mortgage with adjustable rate that was supposed to be refinanced to a descending rate from $1850.00 to $1100.00 a month then lock-in at $1100.00 for last 25 years regardless of credit. I was told in 2006 that HFC wrote any mortgage in any manner it wanted. I was told everything I wanted to hear at time of financial distress and I believed it. After the agreed upon time which was one year passed I returned to HFC office and found entire new personell in office and no-one knew of my agreement. I was offered a refinance of 2% higher than what I had at that time due to my credit problems. I refused knowing I would be in foreclosure if I accepted that rate. I am now in foreclosure due to agreements made by HFC which were not recorded at time of offers. In September of 2009 I was offered a temporary modification and made payment by same person from HFC. HFC claims to not have any record of mod and demanded $1000.00 for previous payment as well as current payment amountin to $3500.00 which I did not have. My payment was $2450.00 before mod and $1600.00 after mod. In a 4 month time frame HFC changed my payment from $2450.00 to $1590.00 to $1760.00 to $1950.00 all on the phone. Due to HFC shutting down all offices for most of time HFC cliams all agreements made over phone were not recorded. How can a company who manages mortgages for so many people not have a system of record keeping that allows financial records to be able to be verified for past, present and future business. I ask all people who are in similar predicament to call and report HFC to thier attorney generals of state and treasury departments so that an investigation can be made against this Rip-off company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2010 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP/internet/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP-HFC-HSBC-HFC-Mortgage-Services-Internet-565918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP