Complaint Review: HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP.

• Submitted: Mon, February 15, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 17, 2010

• Reported By: ticked-off — Roodhouse Illinois United States of America
HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP.
P.O. BOX3425 Internet United States of America

HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP. I was charged for an appraisal on a refi-on my house, which I never recieved a copy of.Because one was never done and according to HFC it was for more than what my house is worth.Which I recently foun BUFFALO, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Laws Change

*Author of original report: ticked off

*Consumer Comment: House appraisal

I recently had a certified FHA appraiser do an appraisal on my house for a refinance to get away from HFC. My appraisal came back way under what HFC " suposedly" appraised it for 4 yrs ago on a refinance.Which after checking my files I was never giving a copy of an appraisal, now I know why. One was never done but they sure made me pay for one though!!!Now I WANT TO KNOW WHY  I NAVER GOT A COPY OF THIS APPRAISAL!! But I'm sure I won't get one since they got me in a morgage that is more than my house is worth and can't get away from them til I get it paid down enough for someone else to refinance it at what it's worth.And now when I call them all I get is a busy signal??? What a load of CRAP!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2010 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP/internet/HOUSEHOLD-FINANCE-CORP-I-was-charged-for-an-appraisal-on-a-refi-on-my-house-which-I-nev-570069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP.

Laws Change

AUTHOR: Bob - (United States of America)

Before May1, 2009, one had to request the appraisal done on your house. Since then companies are required to give you a copy of the appraisal.

ticked off

AUTHOR: ticked-off - (United States of America)

Well here's the problem I have with them, I was told personally I would recieve a copy of my appraisal that I paid for. And now when I call the ph.# I have for them all I get is a busy signal.I understand recessions but I have been to two other lending co., shown them my situtation & both agree my house value wouldn't have went down $35,000 in 4 yrs!! And I have a problem with false statements from them on a side loan I have with them that it was understood my intrest rate would be high for the first yr. but as long as I made my payments on time which I did, I could come back in to get it lowered. Well I was laughed out the door. And the reprsentive that told me this now no longer works there either? I just can't get away from this HFC fast enough!

House appraisal

AUTHOR: Sammy - (U.S.A.)

It's very possible your home is worth less. Did you get a 100% loan. There are a lot of houses that appraise less than 4 years ago. That's what a recession will do. Also, the appraisal you paid for was for the banks benefit not yours. They do not owe you a copy.

Real Estate Agent