Complaint Review: HP COMPUTER COMPANY

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, June 04, 2011

• Reported By: Kariri — Ahaheim California United States of America
HP COMPUTER COMPANY

HP COMPUTER COMPANY False advertisement. I bought a laptop a 1.5 months ago, still have warranty, they advertised that the battery last 6 hrs, it is only lasting 1.5 hrs. called for replacement and they refused, Internet

*Consumer Comment: You need to learn how to read.

A month and a half ago, my laptop crashed, I am a student and need a laptop all the time.  I went shopping for one. I was interested in buying a laptop that has a long life battery. The HP advertisement on display stated clearly that the battery lasts six hours, that was important to me when am doing my research or in class, recharging every one and half hours is not practical.  I spent approximately $999.00 hoping to get the best service.  I noticed that it was not keeping charge but I did not have time to call right away.  As soon as I finished my semister on wednesday, I called customer service on my cellphone, spent an hour on the phone customer service based in India, they tried to install new software bios.  They told me to call the next day and let them know if the problem was resolved.  I called three days later, spent 1 hr 40minutes taking to the tech who was trying to help but eventually after running all tests, he told me that there was nothing wrong with the battery, the manufacturer makes it to last for and 1hr and a half. I did not believe what I was hearing, I told him that the false advertisement lend me into buying the wrong product. He said that they will conctact the manufacturer and ask them to remove the 6 hrs battery long lasting life. I did let the tech know that was not going to help me in anyway since I bought the computer and I need a battery replacement I would not have spent that kind of money to buy a laptop which only lasts for 1.50 hrs battery lifetime. I tried to have the tech give me a supervisor to talk with me but he said no supervisor was available. I asked him to have someone call back to resolve the problem, but no one has called me back to resolve this issue.  I just need a replacement for the battery which should be covered by my warranty while it has not run out. thanks for your help. Mercy Nagel

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-COMPUTER-COMPANY/internet/HP-COMPUTER-COMPANY-False-advertisement-I-bought-a-laptop-a-15-months-ago-still-have-w-736671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP COMPUTER COMPANY

You need to learn how to read.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

That claim by HP of 6 hours battery life clearly states "UP TO 6 hours". The operative words here are "UP TO". That is a maximum under optimum conditions. Just like the MPG ratings on the window of that new car. You will never see that MPG either, as those are derived under optimum conditions.

Battery life is determined by many things, but there is one thing I can tell you for sure.
Max battery life = minimum performance. You must set your computer energy settings to maximum savings, which decreases your performance and overall useability.

Just common sense here.

Really.

You can buy an extended capacity battery for that laptop at a very reasonable price.
Look on Ebay. I found one there for about one third of what HP wants for a standard battery.

Newsflash for you. The most important things in life cannot be learned in college. You have to learn how to pay attention, and read all of the fine print. Ask NETRAL third parties for information and advice.

Never take advice from someone who stands to gain from that advice. You could have used someone elses computer or gone to the library to check computer reviews to find one with the best battery life.

Again, just common sense.