Complaint Review: HP Consulting Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, October 16, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 16, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Deptford New Jersey United States of America
HP Consulting Inc.
PO Box Idledale, Colorado United States of America

HP Consulting Inc. SYN, Inc. Magazine Scam Idledale, Colorado

2 young men came to my door selling magazine subscriptions to elp them earn a trip to Paris and learn communication skills such as public speaking. They were both minorities, one had his hand wrapped in a cast, named Edgar Baez. Said they were from California and Camden, Delaware.

They told me the subscription was partially tax deductible and to pick a charity that I wanted some of the money to go to. They said they accepted cash or checks. Encouraged me to write the subscription to another family member so they could earn more "points" and wanted to beat the "girls" this year.

The subscription I bought was for a childrens magazine and it was $48, then they tacked on a $15 handling fee to cover their travel expenses since they were an interstate operation. I wrote a check, figuring if something went wrong I would have proof I paid for it. $63 total.

As soon as they left I felt uneasy. I looked them up on the internet and saw it was a scam. I called the bank and immediately stopped payment on the check. Then I called the police. And my neighbor was writing out a check at that very moment so when I saw them at her door I called her too so she could stall them until the police arrived.

The police came and brought the kid back to my house and made him give me back my check and the parts of the order form that had my information on it.  Kid tried to talk his way out of it. I am so thankful I got the check back. Of course it cost me the $25 bank fee but well worth it.

I never ever buy anything from door to door salespeople but I thought a subscription would make a nice holiday gift for my kids and it is convenient to order from your doorstep. Boy was I stupid!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Consulting-Inc/Idledale-Colorado-/HP-Consulting-Inc-SYN-Inc-Magazine-Scam-Idledale-Colorado-651732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Consulting Inc.