Complaint Review: HP Consulting, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, November 20, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 20, 2010

• Reported By: Rita — Conway South Carolina United States of America
HP Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 159 Idledale, Colorado United States of America

HP Consulting, Inc. Teenagers posing as college students raising money for scholarships by selling magazines... SCAM ARTISTS Idledale, Colorado

It's a Saturday morning when a young teenage female rings my doorbell. She tells me she is raising money for scholarship money so she can attend the University of Tennessee.  I invite her in and she proceeds to give me her sales pitch.  She gets points for so many magazine subscriptions that she gets.  If I do this and if I do that, she gets double points or triple points....so on and so forth.  I am a very giving and trusting person, so I fell for it.

I subscribed to 6 magazines with 1 year subscriptions to the tune of $349.  A red flag went up in my mind when she said they were non-renewals.  I would not be receiving anything when my year was up to renew. The second red flag was when she asked if I could pay some in cash and the rest by check....ODD.  She said she received 5 points for every dollar in cash she collected.  After she left, I immediately googled the company.  All I could find were these websites of Ripoff Report.

I then got in my car and found the girl down the road from my house.  I confronted her, told her what I had discovered on the internet and that she had 2 choices.  She could give me my check and cash back or I would call the police and wait there with her until they came.  I am one of the lucky ones who recovered my money. I happened to see the van being used to transport these kids.  So when I got home I did call the police and file a report.  Hopefully they will catch them and stop this ring of scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2010 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Consulting-Inc/Idledale-Colorado-80453/HP-Consulting-Inc-Teenagers-posing-as-college-students-raising-money-for-scholarships-b-664272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Consulting, Inc.