Complaint Review: HP Consulting, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 02, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 02, 2011

• Reported By: IronGiant — Springfield Massachusetts USA
HP Consulting, Inc.
P.O. Box 159 Idledale, Colorado United States of America

HP Consulting, Inc. MD Network, Inc. Magazine Door-to-Door Sales Scam, Fraudulent Charity Claims, Youth Con Artists Idledale, Colorado

*Author of original report: Scanned Image Update

This young inner city youth rang the door asking for magazines subscriptions. He said he was trying to earn points in a magazine drive. I was in the giving mood, I and bought $175 worth of overpriced magazines for "goodcause". In talking with him he made claims he would provide for charity the purchases,and that I could donate the magazines. I chose to donate them to my wife, a wonderful school teacher who could use them to educate kids about the car industry.

The youth filled out the form, first problem, it was partially filled out leaving behind the address of where they were to be sent.I asked him, he clearly stated "Because the names match, the address where they will be sent will be here." He noted only my address in the donor section, and none in the "send to" section. Only a matching last name. So that was catch one, no address listed for the magazines to be sent.

Catch two he had to ask where he was, what city. I thought it funny and said "you don't know where you are?" he said the job kept moving him from city to city.So I ask more and find out What happens is they drop these kids off in vans in reasonable neighborhoods. They have no idea where they are, they don't care, they just sell (or con people in reality).

After about 4 months I had seen nothing come in, went back to check and sure as hell the telephone number is disconnected. The subscription was written in first week of August with the check cashing in Mid August 2010, and still I have nothing in my mail more than 150 days later.

I later found out they scammedmany of my neighbors and other family also. Just irritated the hell out of me. I felt for this kid initially, talked with him, glad he was trying to become better, and, in reality,the kid is whatany stereotype suggested, just another inner city screwed up kid. All around badfor everyone. funny thing if they did what they say,it would not be so bad. But just plain old stealing or even "sitting on your money" waiting for an address correction without contacting the donor immediately, it's all plain wrong.

The good news, they come around every now and then. Next time we have a surprise for the kids from this group, we are going to have a neighbor intervene, a wonderful city police officer who is "glad to help next time."

I looked up their recent rating under the BBB, a D+ what does that tell you.

I won't trust anyone again, and that is so unfair to the kids who are trying hard.This company ruined all that good with one bad. This company is just bad news all around, given my experience with them. Watch out for them! Get your check back immediately if you gave it to him.

The other thing that bothers me, is none of the magazine companies have gotten involved to shut this down. These people are showing their product in mini-catelogues and using it for the con. Wake up Magazine companies your reputation is on the line here!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Consulting-Inc/Idledale-Colorado-80543/HP-Consulting-Inc-MD-Network-Inc-Magazine-Door-to-Door-Sales-Scam-Fraudulent-Charity-689824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Consulting, Inc.

Scanned Image Update

AUTHOR: IronGiant - (USA)

Hereare the words fromthe back