Complaint Review: HP (Hewlett Packard)

• Submitted: Mon, December 13, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 13, 2010

• Reported By: Sam l — cHESWICK Pennsylvania U.S.A.
HP (Hewlett Packard)
Cupertino, California United States of America

HP ,Hewlett Packard, HP sells over-priced, not needed equipment. Cupertino, California

I bought a HP computer in 3/09 but my existing HP printer would not work. HP told me I needed a compatible HP printer, sold it to me over the phone.  A couple months ago I bought triple volume ink cart for 2X retail - seemed a good deal - but it ran out of ink in short period. I don't print a lot. HP tech help said the heads were bad and I needed an "upgrade" of my printer for $134.  I ordered it, received it on 12/10/10. Instruction said the disc would start automatically to install the unit.  It didn't. I called their tech support but it was me who found a way to start the installation.  Today I discovered the same printer for sale at Wal-mart fr $74.oo!  I called HP about the descrepency and their response, in essence, was "Gee.  That's too bad.  You bought, you got it."  I will NEVER buy HP products again. I question now if there was ever anything wrong with my printer originally.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Hewlett-Packard/Cupertino-California-95015-4010/HP-Hewlett-Packard-HP-sells-over-priced-not-needed-equipment-Cupertino-California-671045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP (Hewlett Packard)