Complaint Review: HP and Best Buy

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: T.W. — LANSING Michigan United States of America
HP and Best Buy

HP and Best Buy hp dv BAD VIDEO CARD AFTER 2 YEARS Internet

Two years ago this month, March 2010,  my brother purchased a hp dv 6 series computer for me at my request from Best Buy-Lansing, MI. The warranty expired a year ago and I have had this computer serviced twiced for screen issues. Each time I took it to Best Buy, once in Lansing and once in San Diego and both times they recommended me to have it serviced at a computer service center, which I did.  Also, I called HP on three seperate ocassions, once for recalls (over heating and defective power cord, which I replaced) of course my computer was not one of the recalls; and twice for service. Since the computer was still under warranty, they wanted to send me a box so I could send the computer to them for service because they have no service centers or affliates. Long story short, I was told they had no idea how long they would be keeping my computer. Right before this latest incident with the black screen with lines, hp kept sending me info for purchasing another warranty. I did not and two years this month the computer is garbage. Today in Lansing, I went to another computer service center and was told the video card is gone and it would cost  a minimum of $250 but probably much more because the mother board will probably need replacing in order to replace the video card. In short, I have a tandy from middle school that still works and a gateway from 2002 that still works but a 2008 hp laptop made for entertainment and the video card is gone. WHAT A RIPOFF. I WILL NEVER BUY HP again, MY BROTHER WILL NEVER BUY HP AGAIN, AND I WILL MAKE SURE I BAD MOUTH HP EVERY CHANCE I GET TO OTHER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEST BUY NEED TO STOP SELLING THEM IF THEY WON'T SERVICE THEM.  T.W.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-and-Best-Buy/internet/HP-and-Best-Buy-hp-dv-BAD-VIDEO-CARD-AFTER-2-YEARS-Internet-585213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP and Best Buy