Complaint Review: HP

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: UlvWolf — Brunswick Georgia
HP
Internet USA

HP Advised me to purchase recovery media that didn't work, refused refund and support Internet

So, I recently experienced a problem with my HP computer. This resulted in the entire Hard Drive being wiped, including the recovery partition. I called HP Support to order recovery media, whom then directed me to their website. On their website, I entered my serial number and ordered a Windows 7 Recovery Disk (which, ended up coming on four seperate DVDs). When I inserted disk one, it went through the loading cycle and then the mouse pointer came up on the blue screen from the recovery environment. This lasted for about five seconds and the PC rebooted itself. I have tried about 10 different times, and this always occurs. I call HP again, and they explained that they do not offer support or refunds for recovery disk, and offered me the option to pay 50$ for 'extended support' that 'may' help my problem. I will -NEVER- purchase an HP computer again. Want to know the icing on the cake? I had a similar problem with recovery media ordered for my HP DV-7 Laptop several years ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP/internet/HP-Advised-me-to-purchase-recovery-media-that-didnt-work-refused-refund-and-support-Int-1047709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP