Complaint Review: HP

• Updated: Fri, July 18, 2014

• Reported By: Paulajean (PJ) Anne — CONVERSE Texas
Internet USA

HP Complete Computer Ripoff Unknown Internet

In November of 2012 I purchased a HP Pavilian computer at a price about $650 plus dilivery. I received this computer 6-8 weeks after purchase. Six months down the road the computer crashed and I had to contact customer service. A tech (from India) talked me through a quick series of tests. The tests showed that the RAM could have been bad but being a technician myself I thought the problem was a lot more like a possible motherboard. HP allowed me to ship this desktop computer box and supplied what was neeed to do so. After the computer had been gone anout 1-month I recieved it back. It fired up immediately and everything was good. A year in to the original purchase I started to see intermitant problems like this system intermitantly shutting down. Finally about 18-moths in to the purchase This computer completely died. I trouble shot the problem myself and found that the problem wasn't the RAM this time. When investigating the internal parts of the system with a technician from Altex here in Texas, We discovered that there were transisters and compassitors touching each other on the motherboard and the case for the hard drive was forced into the box. The problem caused the motherboard to short out with the power supply. This is a poor assembly and should have been found the first time when this computer was sent back to the company and wasn't. Now I'm out a computer and purchased another one from another company to replace this one. I feel that the company should reimburse me $540.21 that I paid for another system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 05:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP/internet/HP-Complete-Computer-Ripoff-Unknown-Internet-1163049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP