Complaint Review: HP

• Submitted: Sun, June 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, June 03, 2012

• Reported By: Uzair — Houston Texas United States of America

HP Hewlett Packard Damage the unit, Blame and Disrepect the customer, and LIE Internet

As there is always a problem with the heat sink in HP notebook, HP ProBook 6550b (SN: cnu1071b36) was sent to the repair center for the heat sink replacement within warranty period.

However, when the unit was sent back from the repair center it was DAMAGED from the front and also in the back. Upon complaining, the Repair Center BLAMED me for the damages and told me they were aware of those damages since it is mentioned in the report but didn't mention it because it was not their fault. But when I asked the rep told me she don't know exactly and transfered my call to the manager of that facility. The manager was much more rude and said I damaged it prior to the shipping of that unit. I explained her in detail that when I shipped the unit it had no damages but she didn't listen to me and told me to do whatever I can she is not going to do anything about it and hung up the call. When I contacted the customer service again they told me to send the unit back for the repairs. The repair center send back the unit with the invoice of $89.00 without repairing the unit. Upon contacting the customer service again the unit was sent again for the repairs and those charges were waived. This time the repair center only replaced the LCD outer shell only which had a dent. However, there was a big crack on the back side of unit which can be easily seen and it seems it was damaged from the inside. Since then I didn't turn on the unit and it is still in the same condition and still damaged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2012 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP/internet/HP-Hewlett-Packard-Damage-the-unit-Blame-and-Disrepect-the-customer-and-LIE-Internet-892514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP