Complaint Review: HP

HP Hewlett-Packard HP Photosmart b209 is a RIPOFF--DO NOT BUY!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: We have several

*Author of original report: Driver

*Consumer Comment: So..

*Consumer Comment: It appears that your drivers software got corrupted during install

We purchased the HP Photsmart B209a. I have Windows XP, Service Pack 3 on my Dell Inspiron 1501. This printer will NOT print! We have been trying to get it to print properly for 3 weeks! ESET virus protection interferes with the HP printer software and the printer disconnects itself from the internet, shows as online in the control panel at random, and randomly prints multiple copies of documents. Also, when I try to print something, the documents don't show in the printer queue. After 3 weeks, my patience with this hunk of scrap has expired. If it weren't for my fiance, I would have slammed this piece of trash into the wall by now.

This printer has caused nothing but frustration and is nothing more than a dust-collector at this point. It is WORTHLESS and a WASTE of MONEY. The mental midgets who dreamed of this model at HP should be ashamed that they mass-produced this useless piece of junk.

I went out and bought a Canon printer tonight for $32. Guess what--it prints. I will NEVER buy an HP printer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP/internet/HP-Hewlett-Packard-HP-Photosmart-b209-is-a-RIPOFF-DO-NOT-BUY-Internet-675791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP

We have several

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

We have several of that same model at our school and they work just fine with no problems. They are running on XP and Vista and 2 different brands of computers (Lenovo and Dell) . There is nothing wrong with that model as far as I can tell.

Maybe your printer or cable is defective? Just another guess from here.

Driver

AUTHOR: Axton - (United States of America)

We assumed there might be a problem with the drivers. One of the things we tried was disabling ESET (virus software) and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. It still didn't work.

There are a lot of people who have reported similar problems on HP's website.

So..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Did you once call HP Technical Support?

If this was a new printer it is under warranty and you can get free phone support. Most likely they could have walked you through what ever issue it was and you would have been done. While it still may have taken a couple hours that is way less than the 3 weeks you tried to struggle with this on your own.

It appears that your drivers software got corrupted during install

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

No big deal. You are just not at all computer literate.

It appears that the drivers software got corrupted during install. No big deal. It was probably because you didn't disable your virus software or something stupid like that.

As far as HP printers go, I wouldn't use anything else. I have been using them for 15+ years and have never had one problem that wasn't my fault.