Complaint Review: HP/Compaq Computer

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 01, 2010

• Reported By:Torrance California
HP/Compaq Computer
HP.com California, California U.S.A.

HP/Compaq Computer Don't buy HP Computers CaliforinaCalifornia California

*Author of original report: recalls and Failing motherboards

*Consumer Comment: You are NOT the only one!

*Author of original report: After talking to Corp.

*Consumer Suggestion: What did you expect?

*Author of original report: Hewlet Packard (HP)

HP/Compaq Computers, Service and Extended service Plans are all a big fat joke.
I will NEVER NEVER buy a HP again and that includes anything else they made or service. My old Dell out performs this new HP and that's another thing that pisses me off.

This is what they sell you but it's Not what you get.
Covers all HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario notebook PCs
Round-trip shipping at no additional cost
Assistance with virus and spyware issues
Up to three years of award-winning service coverage
24 x 7 real-time chat and toll-free phone assistance
"That was top of the line at the time."
3-year HP Pick Up and Return Extended Service Plan for HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario Notebook PCs but in reality it's two years because you get one year with the computer. Price: $269.99*

Here the problem:
I now have to send in my laptop with the battery just to replace the battery, WHY ? Here's why,
They wanted my credit card # so they could charge me for the battery until it's replace and the damage one was returned. I tool him I wanted his credit card # so I can charge him until he replaces my defective battery, he was not interested. Why gave him credit card information when I have a warranty for replacement - under full warranty. Why not just send a box for the battery?

And Yes I did talk to management, also asked for HP Corp's. Phone Number which was not a toll-free and top it off it was closed.

Award-winning support ; what a joke

THEY SUCK ON SERVICE AND PRODUCT

Frank
Torrance, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HPCompaq-Computer/California-California-90501/HPCompaq-Computer-Dont-buy-HP-Computers-CaliforinaCalifornia-California-303447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP/Compaq Computer

recalls and Failing motherboards

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

Has anybody ever gotten any kind of notice on recalls for these computers? Looks like motherboards are failing if you did not upgraded the bios. I think some of these problems would have been solve with just some kind of notice from them.

They knew that problems were out there, why didn't they send notice. Lucky this was not your car. The funny thing is less than 1 month after the warranty is up Im now having problems.

Check out this recall site found today.

I'm going to call and see what they will do at this point.

You are NOT the only one!

AUTHOR: Wittyservant3 - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a dc7700p vPro HP computer 18 months ago and I have had nothing but problems with it.  If you try and do two things at the same time, this computer crashes.  It rearranges your desktop icons when you play a game.

It is SLOW.  They put their own version of Windows XP Pro on the computer so you cannot add certain programs.  I have to do a Selective Startup with only a few things running.  It CANNOT perform certain tasks without shutting down.  My HP computer is a piece of SHIT!!!  I will NEVER purchase another HP computer again!!

After talking to Corp.

2/28/10

After talking to Corp. Office (forgot lady's name) she turned out to be very helpful. She corrected all my problems with the Service Department and battery. She was very helpful in making me happy, if only the rest of the employees of HP would do the Same I'm sure they would become #1 in the computer buss. Sorry for the delay but my 3 year service plan just ended and I had no other problems since she fixed the original problems. Thanks again

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: This Is Me - (U.S.A.)

That is SOP any where, if you don't plan on ripping them off then you shouldn't have a problem with that. You are putting a deposit on the item so you have a reason to actually return the battery.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Hewlet Packard (HP)

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

I talked to case manager (1/30/08) today, very helpful this time. She could not understand why they wanted me to mail in computer. But everything is still not done, I will follow up ASAP.

biggest