Complaint Review: H&R BLOCK EMERALD CARD

• Submitted: Fri, March 23, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: SUSAN — CHAMPLIN Minnesota United States of America
H&R BLOCK EMERALD CARD

H&R BLOCK EMERALD CARD MY ACCT HAS BEEN HACKED INTO TWICE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS !! Internet, Internet

*General Comment: i know some what how you feel

I have used Emerald Bank card for a few years. i have had my acct hacked into twice in 6 months. The first time was online. They refused to help me.It was still in a pending status, and they would not cancel the transaction. The charge was to Microsoft stores. I contacted them, and they were so evil. They said it wasn"t their problem, it was my so called bank. I had to wait 30 days to get 500.00 back !!

Again this week my card was hacked into again, and the charges were from the UK ! I had called in within hours of the fraud, as I had checked my balance. I spoke to several people and they all had a different story. It is so frustrating because you are trying to get important information, and you cant understand them. I have a feeling it is like that for a reason. I spoke to their fraud dept, called the green team. I was assured that they had reversed all the charges, because they were all still in a pending status.

I called yesterday to see if they had sent out my new card, and they had not mailed it till 2 days after they said they would. I had no access to any money at this point. They said it would take 7-10 days. So I asked them to send one overnight, as this was their fault. They said yes if I paid 35.00 !

Upon talking to someone new, she told me I could pick one up at my local H&R Block !  When I went to H&R block to get one, they said ony can give you one when the manager was there. The woman I talked to said she would never get one of those cards, and she tells her clients not to get one ! So she said it was my fault for getting the card in the first place !  OMG

I waited 4 days to be told this. Bottom line is they would only return some of them. They now say that one actually did go thru and I have dispute. The fraud was commited in the UK. How the heck am I supposed to fight that??? International phone calls ? This is supposedly an FDIC company, gauranteed to return funds in 24 hours. The amt of money stolen from me was 788.00 !

These people are liars and cheats. They dont know their jobs, nor do they care what happens to their customers. I have been hung up on several times by reps that do not want to deal with the issue. They wont return the money, as they want to keep it in there system to gain interest. Please someone rally with me, and bring this to light to the public. It's tax time, so they will be doing this to a lot of people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HR-BLOCK-EMERALD-CARD/internet/HR-BLOCK-EMERALD-CARD-MY-ACCT-HAS-BEEN-HACKED-INTO-TWICE-IN-THE-LAST-2-MONTHS-Interne-858233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H&R BLOCK EMERALD CARD

#1 General Comment

i know some what how you feel

AUTHOR: beyond-MAD - (United States of America)

i used the emerald card and had 400 dollars taken out of my account i was trying to withdrawl that ammount out of an atm unfortunantly the atm did not give me any money but it said the transaction was a success! so i called the emerald card disputes was hung up on 6 times!! i finally got a hold of the atm company who thankfully helped me as much as they could this happend well over a week ago and i still have not been able to get a hold of any one from the emerald card disputes department. i am beginnng to think ill never get that money back and trust me to me 400 dollars is a lot of money to loose out on!