Complaint Review: HR BLOCK

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Lolwme — Springfield Oregon
HR BLOCK

HR BLOCK H&R BLOCK I filed my wife's return using H&R Block at Home Online DELUXE Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good for them...

I completed my wife's Income Taxes on 04-09-2013 and e-filed the return using H&R Block's at Home Online DELUXE tax preparation services for which she was charged $32.00.

Now when I go to use the EXACT same service, they wanted $49.95

I called their C/S Support line and got a run around. 1st the gal (Maya) said the rates change
as a customer gets closer to tax filing date; then the rates changed around 03-25-2013 so that did not apply to us.

But she would not go into my wife's account (which I set up and have all the info for) to verify the difference in costs unless my wife was on the line.

I'm now going to print out all the forms I filled out page by page and enter that into the IRS 1040 Form manually, and they will get nothing this time from me and nothing from me ever again.

There's one added tidbit: don't use the at Home Online services since you can only fill out one form whereas the CD software allows for 5 forms.  This is why we would have had to pay for both of our tax forms.

Then they clobber you on the State return but there I just took my wife's info and manually filled out our state's form and submitted by mail as I will do now with both my IRS and State forms.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HR-BLOCK/internet/HR-BLOCK-HR-BLOCK-I-filed-my-wifes-return-using-HR-Block-at-Home-Online-DELUXE-Internet-1042509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HR BLOCK

Good for them...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- And just how are they supposed to know that you did your wife's taxes?  For that matter how do they know that she is your wife and not just someone who was able to get her information?

There is NO RipOff here, between the time you started your wife's return(I noticed you only put the date you actually filed her taxes) and the date you started your Tax Return the price changed.

So answer this.  If you go to a Gas Station and pay $3.95/gallon to fill up your wife's car, do you write a RipOff report on the Gas Station when you go back later to fill up yours and it is now $4.00/gallon and they won't give you the same price as earlier?...of course not because that is the new price.

The funny thing about this is, if it is just a matter of copying the forms to a regular form, why did you even pay them a single dime to fill out your wife's taxes?  Why didn't you just copy her information as well?