Complaint Review: H&R Block tax program

• Reported By: Screwed oweing more — WINDSOR Colorado United States of America
H&R Block tax program
www.h&rblock.com WINDSOR, Colorado United States of America

H&R Block tax program tax cut Inproper tax caculations WINDSOR, Colorado

I received a letter from the IRS stating I had claimed social security over with held to the sum of 3114.00 dollars and they were disallowing this amount. I contacted the local office and the wanted to review my submittal. they called and state not only had I not selected "get this" primary tax payer the program assumed it was a single tax payer and combined my and my spouses SS withholding. Resulting in the error the IRS found.
I am totally in a pickle now I thought, it isn't over yet! the program asked for the real estate taxes twice OK no problem once for the personal part of the return and then for the business responsibility or deduction based on the total amount of percentage the business occupied of the residence. No, it deducted the total amount not once but twice resulting in a total tax owed of 6600.00 dollars not 3114.00. I even purchased the extras because I run a chapter S corp it always safe than sorry, right? Not so much. they said I made mistakes and I would need to file an amended return to correct the issue. WTF, who protects the honest man any more? Never again! It's would have been easier to pay the extra 100.00 to an accountant to do the taxes. Buyer beware, they will not back you up in a pinch. Wtitting a letter the AG of Colorado after I am finished here.!

DJC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HR-Block-tax-program/WINDSOR-Colorado-80550/HR-Block-tax-program-tax-cut-Inproper-tax-caculations-WINDSOR-Colorado-934468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H&R Block tax program