Complaint Review: HR Block

• Reported By: Dean — Orlando Florida
HR Block
One HRBlock Way Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

HR Block DO NOT USE HR BLOCK ONLINE TAX SERVICE Kansas City, Missouri

I used the HR Block online tax service for years and have never had a problem until this year.  I paid for their online service as I do every year.  However, this year I filed using the educational credit and at the time was informed that the IRS will not start accepting taxes until end of January.  Then it was people who filed the educational credit the IRS will not process these until February 15.  Then after that it was March 9th then March 15th and now its 4-6 wks from March 15th.  HR Block did not send out any information regarding this nor did they reach out to their customers regarding the many date changes.  When I HR Block to check the status they immediately forward me to the IRS.  The Reps do not try to answer any questions, when I asked not to be transferred to the IRS, I was then asked what level of service did I pay for.  That determines how much assistance they will offer you.  I rec'd three different answers from their reps.  When I finally reached someone at the IRS office, I was informed that HR Block used the wrong educational credit form which caused the issue w/ the IRS software, so a program had to be updated in order to process the thousands of tax returns that had been put into pending status because of this error.  HR Block does not admit this.  I finally rec'd a general  letter addressed dear customer  indicating they are working very hard to resolve this matter.  HR Block is not doing anything to help resolve this matter.  People are having to wait until end of April in hopes that everything works out and people rec'd their returns.  HR Block need to refund these people of their payment because of an error on their end.  I have filed a complaint w/ BBB and Atty Gen for that state.  I will never use their service again ever.  Take your business elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HR-Block/Kansas-City-Missouri-/HR-Block-DO-NOT-USE-HR-BLOCK-ONLINE-TAX-SERVICE-Kansas-City-Missouri-1038426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HR Block