Complaint Review: HR Block

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2008

• Reported By:flint Michigan
HR Block
hrblock.com Nationwide U.S.A.

HR Block Holding my return for days Say I agreed to it using simple pay Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Not a Rebuttal, just an explanation

*UPDATE Employee: Not a Rebuttal, just an explanation

I used simple pay by hr block for my return because they said it would "take the worry out of filing my taxes". What they didn't tell me was that they would be holding my return for at least 3 business days. The IRS deposited my return into HR Bank on the 25th of Jan 2008. As of now I still do not have my money. How can it be legal they hold almost $4000 of my money for 3 days now over $29.95?

If I had known it would delay my return I would not have used the service. Nowhere can I find anything about them holding the return for 3 business days on the hr block website. I have bills waiting on this money and I feel ripped off because they are holding onto my money for almost a week since they say 3 business days. They got money friday and I most likely will not even get the cash in my account until Thursday. That is 6 days they are holding my money over a whole $30.

James
Flint, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HR-Block/nationwide/HR-Block-Holding-my-return-for-days-Say-I-agreed-to-it-using-simple-pay-Nationwide-303977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HR Block

Not a Rebuttal, just an explanation

AUTHOR: Jgriggs - (U.S.A.)

Hi James,

This is John Griggs and I'm the Director of Customer Experience for H&R Block's digital products. I wanted to respond to your posting and this is not really a rebuttal, but more of an explanation of what happened.

First, let me apologize for the delay in receiving your funds and please be assured that H&R Block Bank is not holding your funds.

H&R Block Bank deducts the fees and initiates the transfer of funds the same day as the funds are received from the IRS. This transaction usually is completed within two business days, but the availability of the transferred funds may vary depending on the customer's bank.

The IRS deposited your funds on a Friday and that is when H&R Block kicked off the electronic fund transfer process. Counting two business days, you should have received your funds on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when your bank applied the transfer.

Again, I apologize for not providing you with a better experience.
Best,
John

Not a Rebuttal, just an explanation

AUTHOR: Jgriggs - (U.S.A.)

Hi James,

Again, I apologize for not providing you with a better experience.
Best,