Complaint Review: HRC Medical Clinic

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Jamie — Sartell Minnesota United States of America
HRC Medical Clinic
5000 36th St. w St. Louis Park, Minnesota United States of America

HRC Medical Clinic New Leaf- new name- same staff/program false advertising, took my money, made my problem worse St. Louis Park, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misinformation given in the complaint

I went to HRC medical clinic due to rapid weight gain, extreme fatigue, changes in body suspecting it was hormonal.  They told me they were quite sure my symptoms were due to low testosterone and they could help me restor new vigor, lose the weight I rapidly gained, increase sex drive, etc...

I paid for a year's treatment up front. trusting the staff at this clinic knew what they were doing.  I got my first hormone implant and had "nerve type" pain down my R hip and leg.  They said they were not responsible for this and it must be coincidence.  Funny, I never had these symptoms before the implant...which were immediate after insertion.  Shortly after the implant,  I starting gaing more weight, feeling  bloated and fatigued.  I wanted to talk to the doctor, which I kept being told she wasn't available.  The nurses recommended continuing with the treatment, as sometimes, it takes a few before significant results are seen.  The treatments only exacerbated.

I felt staff did not listen to me regarding my complaints.  Once they had my money, there was not a lot of concern whether the treatment was working or not.  Very inflated claims about how much life improves with their treatment.  Never got my money back.  I am now doctoring with my physician due to consequences of thyroid issues and trying to lose the added weight from the hormone treatment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRC-Medical-Clinic/St-Louis-Park-Minnesota-55416/HRC-Medical-Clinic-New-Leaf-new-name-same-staffprogram-false-advertising-took-my-money-991258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRC Medical Clinic

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misinformation given in the complaint

AUTHOR: New Leaf Medical Staff - ()

HRC Medical is a company that was started in Tennessee.  The Tennessee company had many satellite clinics, including one in St. Louis Park, MN.  Jamie's complaints stemmed from treatment that she received under HRC and under the care of the original doctor who worked there.

HRC closed its doors in St. Louis Park in September 2012, leaving many patients without a clinic to care for them, even though some of them had paid for services in advance. New Leaf Medical was opened in the same location by a MN doctor who had replaced the original HRC doctor. Because the medical staff members were also left without jobs, New Leaf Medical hired many of them to work for the new clinic.

New Leaf Medical took on the care of the former HRC patients without receiving any compensation for those who had prepaid for their services.  Jamie mistakenly reported in her complaint that HRC and New Leaf Medical were the same company based on an erroneous BBB press release.  The BBB, as of October 14, 2013, has put out a corrective press release re: this matter.

In regards to Jamie's care, she never met with the new physician and was never seen at New Leaf Medical.  HRC had offered to have her meet with the new physician, and she had even been offered an extension of services under the new physician at no extra charge.  New Leaf Medical would have honored the extension, but the patient did not return.