• Report: #551977

Complaint Review: HRS - Best Buy

• Submitted: Sun, January 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 23, 2010

• Reported By: Christopher — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
HRS - Best Buy
4500 Wisconsin Ave. Internet, District of Columbia United States of America

HRS - Best Buy Creditcard "Pay NO Interest LIE!!" Internet, District of Columbia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hmm..

Best Buy offered a "Pay NO Interest for 36 months" promotion when you applied for their HSBC credit card. It took Geek Squad 2 weeks to install my TV (I live 4 floors above their store in the same building). Upon GEEK arrival they tell me the Sales Rep lied about all the "accessories" needed to install and use the system. It took 3 days after to finish the installation due to wrong parts. The Sales Manager told me if i pay the minimum due each month ($125) I wouldn't have to pay any interest on the TV (ha,ha,ha). I set up the automatic withdrawl for the account and left.

I never recieved an account statement in the mail (I asked once in person & several times on the phone,  I still have not received one!). Each month I could see via bank statements HSBC/Best RIP OFF was withdrawing the cash (all good, right?). I call Best Buy/HSBC yesterday for an update and a represenative tells me my account balance is $2300!!!! My total amount was $2115 back in Sept 2008. $125/month has been deducted from my account since I took the TV home (I couldn't use it for 17 days). Let's do the math- 16 mths. X $125= $2000 ALREADY PAID!!!!!

Anyone have a suggestion? I would appreciate it very much!! Happy New Year, right?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2010 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-Best-Buy/Internet-District-of-Columbia-20016/HRS-Best-Buy-Creditcard-Pay-NO-Interest-LIE-Internet-District-of-Columbia-551977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS - Best Buy

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hmm..

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

Wow.

Do you have an online account with HSBC? I would log on (or create one) and look at the payment history. It might be possible that a payment was not posted in time. It's also possible if you purchased something else on the card and paid that off, that something with the financing might have occurred. I know that after minimum payments on each "same as cash" plan are made, the remainder of the payment will apply to the "same as cash" plan due to expire first. Perhaps something mixed up there.

After looking at that, if the problem is a payment posted late I would gather proof that it was debited from your account on time, and call the bank with such proof.

I wish you luck, and I'm interested to find out what comes of this, or what happened to make it that way.