- Report: #34300
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: HRS, Household Retail Services
HRS, Household Retail Services2700 Sanders Road Prospect Heights, IL 60070 Prospect Heights, Illinois U.S.A.
Household Retail Services HRS USA, HCS, Violation of Truth in Lending Regulation Z, victimized many consumers excessive late fees lied to consumers Prospect Heights Illinois
226.5 (2) Periodic statements. (i) The creditor shall mail or deliver a periodic statement as required by 226.7 for each billing cycle at the end of which an account has a debit or credit balance of more than $1 or on which a finance charge has been imposed. A periodic statement need not be sent for an account if the creditor deems it uncollectible, or if delinquency collection proceedings have been instituted, or if furnishing the statement would violate Federal law.
(ii) The creditor shall mail or deliver the periodic statement at least 14 days prior to any date or the end of any time period required to be disclosed under 226.7(j) in order for the consumer to avoid an additional finance or other charge. 10 A creditor that fails to meet this requirement shall not collect any finance or other charge imposed as a result of such failure.
I did not receive a periodic statement.
226.13 Billing error resolution.
(7) The creditor's failure to mail or deliver a periodic statement to the consumer's last known address if that address was received by the creditor, in writing, at least 20 days before the end of the billing cycle for which the statement was required.
I mailed my payment in plenty of time to process. (You may want to mail it with "delivery confirmation", you will not need to deviate from specific requirements, it will not delay delivery. It is a tool that can be used to prove the date you mailed the payment and the date the payment was delivered to the destination address. On-line tracking is available from the US Postal Service.)
226.10 Prompt crediting of payments.
(a) General rule. A creditor shall credit a payment to the consumer's account as of the date of receipt, except when a delay in crediting does not result in a finance or other charge or...
(b) Specific requirements for payments...requirements for the consumer to follow in making payments, but (the creditor) accepts a payment that does not conform to the requirements, the creditor shall credit the payment within 5 days of receipt.
To avoid delays in processing, verify information for specific requirements on your billing statement. Some but not all "Specific Requirements" may include:
1. Using the payment coupon and envelope provided
2. Specifying the amount paid written on the coupon.
3. Writing your account number on the check..
4. Alternate address for "Overnight Delivery".
5. Alternate address for "On-line bill payment".
Truth in Lending (Regulation Z)
Consumers have rights. Use them! Report Billing errors to the creditor, dispute (in writing) fees due to creditor infractions of "Regulation Z". Report abuses and violations of "Regulation Z" to the banking regulators. Post your reports to public sites such as this one. It helps by making all consumers aware of such abuses. Verify information on your credit report frequently and request corrections promptly.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2002 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-Household-Retail-Services/Prospect-Heights-Illinois-60070/Household-Retail-Services-HRS-USA-HCS-Violation-of-Truth-in-Lending-Regulation-Z-victim-34300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)