Complaint Review: HRS USA / BEST BUY

• Submitted: Thu, June 20, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, June 25, 2002

• Reported By:savannah ga
HRS USA / BEST BUY
PO Box 5238 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HRS USA BEST BUY deceptive company shady late fees uninformed sales clerk Carol Stream Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Always Look at the Receipts / Finance Policy

When I purchased my computer with Best Buy's "12months same as cash" plan,I asked if that truly meant I could pay the full amount in 11 months and 29 days and my price would still be the $700 originally given,and I was told yes,that was true.

When I finally received a statment,it read that I owed, not only a $14 min.payment,but also a $29 late fee for failure to pay a previous min.payment of $10.I had never even received the first statement.

When I called,the "customer service" person was sullen at best and informed me that it was apparently just my bad luck to get a clerk who was not informed of the sneeky monthy minimums,but that "as a one time courtesy" they would "deduct that late fee from" my account.

I have since then payed off my account as quickly as I could to avoid any other outrageous late fees and I for one will never finance anything through Best Buy or HRS USA ever again and I counsel everyone else to do the same.

galen
savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2002 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-BEST-BUY/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-5238/HRS-USA-BEST-BUY-deceptive-company-shady-late-fees-uninformed-sales-clerk-Carol-Stream-Ill-1032430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA / BEST BUY

Always Look at the Receipts / Finance Policy

AUTHOR: Scott - ()

The financing at Best Buy has not been advertised as "same as cash" but as "no interest financing" for quite a while now. It is easy for a person to confuse the two, I get the question every day.

My suggestion would be to not only read the policy for yourself but to look at the receipt as well.

I can understand that the representitive should have known to say that you do have to make a minimun, but to say that you should never finance with best buy is foolish seeing as the minimums are no more than a standard credit card.

All I can say is always READ THE POLICY YOURSELF BEFORE SIGNING ON THE DOTTED LINE.