Complaint Review: HRS USA / Best Buy

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, July 13, 2002

• Reported By:Broomfield CO
HRS USA / Best Buy
PO Box 15521, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

HRS USA / Best Buy dishonest late fees fake late fees Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: Know The Law

HRS USA put a $29 late fee on my last bill. The bill was due on 6/22/02, and I had my bank send them a check on 06/14. (I would have done it electronically but they conveniently don't offer that!) My statement said they received my payment on 6/24, 10 days (8 mails days) after it was sent in the mail.

I called HRS and the rep specifically told me it took TEN days for the bill to get to them! This is ridiculous; it went from Chicago to California, maybe 4 or 5 days TOPS. I told him that I didn't believe him, and he gave me a "one-time" refund of the late fee.

This is the same as others have complained about. I have submitted this to the FTC, I suggest everybody else who has encountered this do the same!

Casey
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2002 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-Best-Buy/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/HRS-USA-Best-Buy-dishonest-late-fees-fake-late-fees-Wilmington-Delaware-24455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA / Best Buy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Know The Law

AUTHOR: John - ()

I know that in most states credit card payments must be credited the day they are DELIVERED. HRS might claim they're waiting for the check to clear, that's a no-no. HRS isn't the only company trying this tactic and I think the only way to end it is a class-action suit. Since Best Buy and HRS are in a business relationship a lawyer would see 2 deep pockets to go after.