Complaint Review: HRS USA - Bowflex

• Submitted: Mon, June 17, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, June 17, 2002

• Reported By:Grapevine TX
HRS USA - Bowflex
PO Box 703 Wood Dale, Kansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-365-3912
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HRS USA - Bowflex ripoff Wood Dale Illinois

I purchased a Bowflex from an ad on the TV back around Sept of 2001. They told me it would be financed through Household and would get the order processed and hold be receiving it by a certain date.

Well it didn't come by the certain date. When it did get here the billing was slow from HRS to the point I didn't get any and they called. I told them that I hadn't received any bills and didn't know contact, account, amount or address info to send a payment in and was glad they called so I could get everything going as I didn't want any problems with my credit. I made a payment over the phone on my card for the amount due at that point, and unbeknown to me they at that time cancelled my account and filed on my credit report, without saying a word.

After being turned down for credit at a local store, I requested a copy of my credit report to see what was going on. To my knowledge it was clean and there would be no reason to be denied. To my surprise I saw the posting from HRS USA.

I called the customer service line and spoke with Amanda who was unwilling to listen. All she kept saying was that the address information in their system was correct. I kept trying to tell her that I am not disputing that fact, but was trying to tell her that I didn't get billed at the beginnning of this transaction to which she kept saying that their information was correct and she could do nothing.

I told her that this made no sense. Why would I risk messing up my credit for a lousy $61 monthly payment, which again got me no where.

Amanda then forwarded me to Ambria Harris, who I was led to believe was a Supervisor and got the same canned lines that Amanda used.

As I look at my bill, there are now quesitons of the accuracy of their information. If the payment is $61/month and the finance charge per month is $41.33, that means you are dropping the principal $19.67/mo, right. Well that would mean my total left to pay amount would have decreased by $116.69 + the extra $31/mo I have started sending as of last month meaning I have decreased the amount owed by $147.67.

Well their invoice shows that my amount owed has only dropped by $42.......

This company is definately not customer friendly and does not have your interest in mind.....

Brad

Brad
Grapevine, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2002 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-Bowflex/Wood-Dale-Kansas-60191-0703/HRS-USA-Bowflex-ripoff-Wood-Dale-Illinois-22881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA - Bowflex