Complaint Review: HRS USA Sears Home Improvement

• Submitted: Mon, June 17, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, June 17, 2002

• Reported By:Philadelphia PA
HRS USA Sears Home Improvement
P.O. Box 17602, Baltimore, MD 271297 Wood Dale, Illinois U.S.A.

HRS USA Sears Home Improvement Increased Annual Percentage Rate without notice to former Sears customer Wood Dale Illinois

Sears Home Improvement sold their accounts to HRS USA. They increased my annual percent rate (APR) without notifying me first. The rate went from 14.76% to 15.90%.

The customer service number listed on their bill is not correct so I just selected a menu until I got a live person who transferred me to their number. She also gave me their number 1-800 695-6590. I had to wait a long time before someone finally came on the line.

I first spoke with Walter who told me that they had an agreement with Sears to increase the rate and that they had notified the customers a month ago and that the customer had 30 days to let me know whether they wanted to get an increase in their APR. That is a no-brainer. Who wants their bills increased. When I told him that I never received anything from them he said that he could not do anything about that. I asked to speak with his supervisor about getting my rate lower.

Shavonne, Walter supervisor came on the line and told me that opt-out letters were sent out either in April or May and that I had to reply in 30 days. I also informed her that I nevered received anything and I wanted them to sent it to me again. She also told me that they could not talk to me about lower my APR unless it came from their local vendor.

I was told to write with my complaint to their Wood Dale, IL office attn Correspondence.

I can't find a website for them.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2002 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-Sears-Home-Improvement/Wood-Dale-Illinois-60191/HRS-USA-Sears-Home-Improvement-Increased-Annual-Percentage-Rate-without-notice-to-former-S-22890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA Sears Home Improvement