Complaint Review: HRS USA (Sears Home Improvement)

• Submitted: Mon, June 17, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, June 17, 2002

• Reported By:Virginia Beach VA
HRS USA (Sears Home Improvement)
P.O. Box 17602, Baltimore MD 21297-1602 Wood Dale, Illinois U.S.A.

HRS USA Sears Home Improvement ripoff fradulent billing deceptive company Wood Dale Illinois

Sears Home Improvement sold out to HRS USA. I had been paying $75.00 per month for the last two years on the Sears account. I have just received my first bill from HRS USA and they have raised the payment to $101.00 per month.

When I finally got through to customer service - 1-800-391-6311 (As listed on the bill) - after numerous holds, and cascading "Please press 1 for..." menus, I was told that I really needed to call HRS USA Customer Service at 1-800-695-6950, and punch # and then zero, zero. Which did not work. After nearly ten minutes on hold a pleasant lady advised me that they had taken over Sears Home Improvement Accounts and the minimum payment is 2.5% of the total and my minimum payment was $101.00.

She suggested I contact their correspondence department if I wished to protest. She gave the following address: HRS USA Correnspondence Dept, PO Box 703 (700 N. Wood Dale Rd, Wood Dale IL 60191-0703). She also provided a fax number: 1-630-475-4313.

I believe I should not have to pay any additional monthly amounts. This is not what I agreed to when I open the Sears Home Improvement account in 2000.

J. E.
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2002 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-Sears-Home-Improvement/Wood-Dale-Illinois-60191/HRS-USA-Sears-Home-Improvement-ripoff-fradulent-billing-deceptive-company-Wood-Dale-Illino-22871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA (Sears Home Improvement)