• Report: #20628

• Submitted: Fri, May 10, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, May 10, 2002

• Reported By:Meridian ID
HRS USA aka Household Finance
City of Industry, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-3653912
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HRS USA aka Household Finance unauthorized account changes, extremely rude Industry, California

I obtained financing with HRS USA in April of 2001. It was supposed to be a revolving credit account. I called them in November to find out the available credit on my card. To my suprise it had been closed in July -- only 3 months after it had been opened!

When I asked why it had been closed, they told me that I had called them and requested it be closed. I told them I did not make such a request. They told me that I had and that they could not re-open the account without running another credit report and reviewing my information.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. I told her there must be some mistake and requested my account be reopened. She said that was impossible. I asked her why I would call and wish to close my account only to call a few months later and request it be reopened. She said that perhaps I was upset and demanded it be closed to "teach them a lesson". She further speculated that now that I realized what I had done I am calling back in pretending it wasn't me so that I could get the account re-opened.

As a side note, if they recieve the payment so much as one day after the due date, there is a $29 late charge. Is there no such thing as a grace period? When asked about this they could only say that they are not responsible for the postal system and that I can pay $10 for a check-by-phone to ensure timely payment.

That is all fine. I intend on paying that account off as soon as possible. It is a good thing the account is closed because I will not buy anything through them again, that is for sure. And to think, all I wanted to do was find out my available credit so that I could make another purchase!

Jill
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2002 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA-aka-Household-Finance/City-of-Industry-California/HRS-USA-aka-Household-Finance-unauthorized-account-changes-extremely-rude-Industry-Calif-20628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA aka Household Finance