Complaint Review: HRS USA

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2002

• Reported By:Kenner La
HRS USA
dept 7680, Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Bought Gateway Comp. billing thru HRS USA, Feel like I have paid twice for it

I have been paying on my computer for at least 32 months. Now that is 68.00/month, a total of 2,176.00 dollars. The beginning balance was only 1,400.00 dollars. Yes, I have been late several times, due to being layed off from work, but MY GOD! My balance as of today that is due is 1,120.00 dollars. So, correct me if I am wrong, but that tells me I have paid 1.056.00 in interest and late payments. I called these people and some guy who I could barely understand, because his accent was so strong, told me that the reason is...after late fees and interest approx. only 10.00 dollars of ea payment was going to the actual balance. That means that out of 2,176.00 only 320.00 of it is going to the actual bill. ISNT THERE A LAW OR SOMETHING AGAINST THIS?
I requested a history statement from them on my account. HRS
said will take 4 to 6 wks and are charging me 11.00 dollars for it. GEEZ!!! I found this site by accident, I was looking for their site, to get a phone number to call them about my balance and why it was so high still. I got so afraid after reading all of these rip offs from HRS. I feel I have paid for this computer already, probably twice. But they have the upperhand I guess, maybe I will just not pay anymore, my credit sucks anyway.
I would be glad for any advice from anyone for help.
email me at lilaud@bellsouth.net

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116-7680/Bought-Gateway-Comp-billing-thru-HRS-USA-Feel-like-I-have-paid-twice-for-it-13847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA