Complaint Review: HRS USA

• Submitted: Tue, June 11, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, November 27, 2005

• Reported By:Charlotte NC
HRS USA
Carol Stream, IL 60116 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HRS USA, financing company for Oreck, Bose, UNJUST and UNFAIR late fee assessments from HRS USA Buyers Beware! Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: HRS stands for Household Retail Services.

I recently purchased an Oreck vacuum cleaner and the payment is sent to HRS USA. I have no idea what their letters stand for, but I send payments regularly and twice in 4 months have been charged a whopping $25 late fee on a measley $300 account!

The first time I phoned HRS USA and complained and they removed the charge. The next time I simply paid them in full because I feel theirs is a stacked deck in a game I can't win.

I have not paid late charges for years -- literally! My credit report (beacon) is outstanding and I resent a third party company that I did not even realize I was applying for credit with ripping me off and making me angry over unjust charges. In the future, I will ask and ascertain what company I am actually applying for credit with before I agree. And, needless to say, I will avoid HRS USA completely - even if it means not buying whatever product I am considering.

In a free economy we may encounter shifty businesses, but we have the obligation to tell others to "buyer beware" and then take our business elsewhere -- the only meaningful thing we as consumers can do to let businesses such as HRS USA know we disagree with their tactics and ethics.

DJ
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2002 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116/HRS-USA-financing-company-for-Oreck-Bose-UNJUST-and-UNFAIR-late-fee-assessments-from-HR-22491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA