satisfaction

• Submitted: Wed, June 19, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, June 19, 2002

• Reported By:tampa fl
HRS USA
PO Box 5238 Carol Stream, llinois U.S.A.

HRS USA unethical business practices Carol Stream Illinois

HRS USA appears to be attempting to structure payment conditions to generate a $29 late fee,$10 processing fee or motivate me to pay off the Best Buy interest free promotional loan 8 months early.

Their tactics worked.I have just closed my acct & will pay off the loan within the next few days,which was interest free untill Feb 1,2003...I called customer service yesterday & respectfully requested that they remail my monthly statement since it was late in arriving.Two differant representives and their supervisors all denied my request;they all said to give it another week and to call back then.I said,if I do that then my pmt will be late.I even offered to pay a fee for them to mail me another statement.They still refused.

It was suggested that I could pay off the balence early & I would not have to worry about it or else to pay a $10 fee (if my statement did not arrive)to process a check over the phone.I said I realize your company earns your income from consumer interest charges,late fees & the $10 processing fee however your tactics violate the Federal Unfair & Deceptive Practives Act as well as Fl's Deceptive & Unfair Trade Practives Act.....

For the readers info,the BBB's internet site has given this company an unsatisfactory business rating;the Fl Dept of Consumer Protection has 27 complaints on this company during the past 3 years.

HRS USA is owned by the parent company Household International Inc located at 2700 Sanders Road in Prospect Heights Il 60070...# 847 564 5000

rosemary
tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2002 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/Carol-Stream-llinois-60197-5238/HRS-USA-unethical-business-practices-Carol-Stream-Illinois-23045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA