Complaint Review: HRS USA

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, October 07, 2002

• Reported By:
HRS USA
P.O. Box 60148 City of Industry, California U.S.A.

HRS USA - WHY DOES IT TAKE 10 DAYS FOR YOUR PAYMENT TO BE RECIEVED

*Consumer Suggestion: Comments & Another Payment Option

Why is it that it takes ten days for a payment to be recieved and posted by HRS? For example: A payment was sent to them (verified) on 8/31/2001 and they claim that they did not recieve it until 9-10-2001!!!!! Why is it that all other letters in the entire country, travel to their destination in 3-5 days but when sending to HRS it takes twice that. Seems to me that they recieve it but do not process, a highly shady operation.

Caveat Emptor: If you can possibly avoid doing business with them - do it! Its not worth it. They are basically loan sharks who cheat their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/City-of-Industry-California-91716-0148/HRS-USA-WHY-DOES-IT-TAKE-10-DAYS-FOR-YOUR-PAYMENT-TO-BE-RECIEVED-6822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Comments & Another Payment Option

AUTHOR: Karin - ()

I have spent the last 3 hours reading the postings on this website - just in regards to HRS!! It is amazing that with this many complaints about the same things, they are still doing business! Has anyone ever considered filing a class action suit? How does one go about doing so? Why have I just wasted 3 hrs reading about HRS?

As I was setting up a payment on Paytrust for the Best Buy bill due 11/19, I noticed that there was a late fee. Now the whole reason I went to Paytrust was that my life has become so stressful with everything that is going on, I was (for the first time in my 24 years of paying bills) losing track of time and my finances and not paying things on time, or not paying them at all but thinking I had.

Anyway, when I saw the late fee, I stopped short; after all, this wasn't supposed to happen anymore. I went to the Paytrust website, noted that the last payment date was 9/9 (a Monday). According to the bill, they did not receive the payment until 9/17 (one day after posting the late fee).

I decided to check my old statements against my checkbook to see what the standard receipt time was for them to receive my checks. Before digging through my old files, I decided to see if they had statements available for viewing on their website.

I did a websearch for HRS USA, and the only thing I could find were these hundreds of complaints - most of which have to do with late fees posting 1 day prior to payment receipt date, even though the payment was mailed in what should have been plenty of time.

I happen to be the Accounting Supervisor in a manufacturing company, and I see payments coming in every day. Since we offer term discounts, we record the postmark, indicating the day the check was mailed. In 99% of the cases, domestic checks are received within 3 days!!!

For HRS to consistently receive checks 7 - 10 days later is ludicrous and someone is stashing them in a desk drawer!!

One consistent method of circumventing the $29 ($35?) late fee that I have been reading about, is to pay the $10.00 over the phone payment. I have another suggestion: Mail the payment Priority Mail for $3.85 and add Delivery Confirmation for an additional 45 cents. $4.30 is a lot cheaper than $10.00, and you have proof as to when they actually received the check. After what I've read here, I think I may have to start doing this.