• Report: #19068

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, June 15, 2002

• Reported By:Brentwood Ca
HRS USA
PO Box 60148 City of Industry, California U.S.A.

HRS USA aka Household Bank ripoff, inaccurate victimized many consumers City of Industry California

*Consumer Suggestion: Account Number

My husband was late on a payment and they said it was going to go to the collections department if payment wasn't made. I made the payment that they wanted and was waiting for the check to clear so I would know it was recieved. After about 10-12 days the check finally clears.
When my husband called on account they said that it went to collections. I told my husband that I did pay the correct amount they asked, so why did it go over to collections.
About a month after the check went thru, I recieved a statement from an account that I have not used in 4 years. (1999) Saying that I now have a credit on my account of the exact same amount I had sent to HRS. Come to look a little closer at the statement that was in credit, was also financed thru HRS. They really screwed us and our credit history my applying the funds to a very old account that has not been in use. WHen I sent the payment I did enclose the coupon with the correct account number. They really messed this one up!!!

Abbe
Brentwood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2002 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/City-of-Industry-California-91716-0148/HRS-USA-aka-Household-Bank-ripoff-inaccurate-victimized-many-consumers-City-of-Industry-19068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Account Number

AUTHOR: Manda - ()

I just wanted to let you know that, that will happen when you dont provide your account number on your check or money order to cause sometimes they get seperated. Also it does say on the statement to include the account number on the check also thats probably why it went to the wrong account. Customer Service should have addressed that payment to go to the account you wanted i too and fixed in the credit bureau if it did end up going there.