Complaint Review: HRS USA

• Submitted: Thu, July 18, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, July 18, 2002

• Reported By:Mesa AZ
HRS USA
P.O Box 61248 City of Industy, California U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HRS USA outlandish ripoff late fees City of Industy California

I bought a laptop computer at Best Buy using my HRS USA credit card with the promise of no interest for 12 months. I moved a couple of months afterwards and sent in my change of address to HRS.

I received a couple of statements, and then they stopped coming.

At the time, I was a full-time student with a very hectic schedule. I didn't give a second thought about the billing statements for a couple of months.

When I thought about it, I called the Customer Service Department to let them know I wasn't receiving them. I re-updated my address (again) and received a couple of statements over the next couple of months.

Again, the statements stopped coming. Once I received a statement, the company wanted to charge me $29 in late fees.

I called Customer Service again and they told they didn't have an updated address and I should have known when my monthly payment was scheduled.

They agreed to credit my account the $29 if they received my next payment on time.

I sent in the payment, on time, and the next statement showed no credit for the late payment fee. This issue has yet to be resolved.

Once I pay off this balance, I will immediately cancel the account and never do business with them again.

Troy
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2002 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HRS-USA/City-of-Industy-California-91716-0148/HRS-USA-outlandish-ripoff-late-fees-City-of-Industy-California-24858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HRS USA