Complaint Review: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. Or HSBC Bank USA, N.A.

• Submitted: Wed, April 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:west chester Pennsylvania
HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. Or HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
PO Box 60102 91716-0102 City Of Industry,, California U.S.A.

HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. Or HSBC Bank USA, N.A. letting card get over limit so they can charge the over-limit fee. City Of Industry, California

this is a never ending problem with them. i check into a hotel where my room was pre payed by check. i just needed to put down a card for incidentals. The hotel put a $500.00 hold on the card. when i checked out i made sure that the Hold was released.

The day after I arrived home I was trying to use the card at the grocery store and was declined. when I checked the web site the charge from the hotel was still on the card. I called the hotel and was told that they could not find any charges for me or my card.

i then e-mailed HSBC and was told they they could not do anything about it until the charge posts to the bill. I then reminded them that it was a hold and the Hotel released the hold. They then told me that because my card is now over the limit that they could not even talk to me until I paid down the card below the limit and the over limit fee.

It seems to me that they are holding the card over the limit so they can charge me.

Here is the funny thing, this card only has a $600.00 limit. the hotel put $500.00 and i was able to charge $201.00 to the card before they shut it off.

This happened a couple of times before and was not paying to much attention to this, but now that i have been over limit they raised my rate to 31.99%

I can remember when 31% interest was called extortion.

west chester, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2009 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank-Nevada-NA-Or-HSBC-Bank-USA-NA/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0102/HSBC-Bank-Nevada-NA-Or-HSBC-Bank-USA-NA-letting-card-get-over-limit-so-they-can-char-445947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. Or HSBC Bank USA, N.A.