Complaint Review: HSBC Bank Nevada

• Reported By: John — Grand Prairie Texas United States of America
HSBC Bank Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

HSBC Bank Nevada Taken off Automated System Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Where's the RipOff?

Had a account in good standing with HSBC Bank Nevada Reward Zone Master Card. Everytime i call customer service i'm speaking with someone in a foreign country i can't understand. I asked for my account to be closed about two weeks ago. I then called to see about reopening account and was told i had to speak with the fraud department first and send in my driver's license and two utility bills.
I refused. I tried a couple of days ago to get into the automated system and have been taken off the automated system by this bank so that i can't call in and make automated payments on the card. My account is in good standing and below my maximum balance. I tried to go online to see if i can get in today 1/27/12 and cannot get online either. I called to see what payment methods i can use and was put on hold 3 times just to try to get the information. I asked about money gram and the lady said i can use it but gave me no information on how to do this at Walmart. I am not giving these people any more private information as they are not in the USA when i call in.
John
Grand Prairie, TX

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank-Nevada/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Taken-off-Automated-System-Las-Vegas-Nevada-829768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank Nevada

Where's the RipOff?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You call up to cancel your account and are upset that when you call up 3 days later to open it back up that they want to verify who you are?  Seems like a pretty reasonable request.

As to being cut off of the Automated Systems.  That was probably a combination of you closing your account and calling up refusing to provide the information they requested.