Complaint Review: HSBC Bank USA, N.A. - Tax Payer Financial

• Submitted: Mon, September 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Chula Juana California
HSBC Bank USA, N.A. - Tax Payer Financial
C/o HSBC TAXPAYER FIN SVCS INC PO BOX 17037 BALTIMORE, Maryland U.S.A.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. - Tax Payer Financial CHARGED FOR SERVICES UNRENDERED, I NEVER OPENED ACCOUNT, SO WHY THE $40 ANNUAL FEE, RIPOFF! BALTIMORE Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: REPORT THEM TO ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOCATED IN

*Author of original report: Company Makes Good

*Consumer Suggestion: HSBC Info.

*Author of original report: More Information (from original poster)

*Consumer Suggestion: TRY THIS

The first I have heard of this company they sent me a bill for $40 that they claimed was an "annual fee" for some sort of credit account. Since I have never applied for any type of account with them I immediately attempted to find out what was the matter.

Thats when I found out that the phone number on the bill is a FAKE.

I did a little more investigating and this company is NOT affiliated with the real HSBC bank in Europe.

I just ignored the bill and a few months later I recieved a call from a "Collections" Agent. The agent sounded like a male, with an American accent. He claimed he worked for "Tax Payer Financial", and his phone number appeared on my caller ID as 1-800-543-1080 and he claimed his name to be "Chris Jones".

Should I call the police? I'm not sure how to report fraud.

Jeffery
Chula Vista, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2005 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank-USA-NA-Tax-Payer-Financial/BALTIMORE-Maryland-21297-1037/HSBC-Bank-USA-NA-Tax-Payer-Financial-CHARGED-FOR-SERVICES-UNRENDERED-I-NEVER-OPENED-157627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank USA, N.A. - Tax Payer Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

REPORT THEM TO ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOCATED IN

AUTHOR: Shadotrak - (U.S.A.)

THE BEST WAY TO RESOLVE THIS PARTICTULAR ISSUE, REPORT THE COMPANY TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION. THERE IS ALSO THE FEDERAL TRADES COMISSION.

GET AS MUCH DATA ON THESE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY OR GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

SHADOTRAK

Company Makes Good

AUTHOR: Jeffery - (U.S.A.)

I was eventually able to reach someone at HSBC, and they waived the fee and closed the account. It turns out that they are not criminals, they just have incredibly poor customer service. This is still a very shady practice, and I will have to check my credit score to make sure nothings listed. Be careful if you use Jackson-Hewet Tax preparer.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

HSBC Info.

AUTHOR: Ted - (U.S.A.)

Jeff,

HSBC offers loans to assist people with tax payments. I'm not sure if you used this type of service with your tax preparer.

What your tax person & HSBC doesn't tell you at the time you apply for the loan, is that this is actually a REVOLVING account. It's written in the small print.

What that means is that once you've paid it back, you actually have to call & cancel the account, otherwise they rip you off with another annual fee, which they will not waive. I paid my account off in November of 2005 and got a bill in June of 2006 for a $19.95 annual fee.

The contact phone number for HSBC is 866 808 5058. Lia is the name of the woman who runs their customer service department.

More Information (from original poster)

AUTHOR: Jeffery - (U.S.A.)

I found out that the "HSBC" is somehow affiliated with Jackson Hewitt Tax Services.

I had visited a Jackson Hewitt branch, but left when I learned of thier exorbitant fees. They originally quoted me $60 to file a return, then when all was done they tried to charge me $250!!

I told them no thank you and I did not file my return that day. I ended up filing my own tax return instead. But they still opened the credit account. So this should be a simple matter of closing the account, but because they don't have a working telephone I haven't been able to get any help with this matter.

I will send a letter to the PO Box and hopefully they will cease and desisit this harasment.

Even if this isn't a total scam, it is still a very shady practice to operate without a front office, and to supply a fasle phone number on the bill.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

TRY THIS

AUTHOR: Angel - (U.S.A.)

SIR,
1st please research what local tax filing agency you filed with.
2n look at processing fees or look at fee break down on your refund check stub..
3r this 40/is usually associated with tax prpeparer prep fee or could be fee for recieving same day-3day refund.. hidden fees Sir..

sincerely,