Complaint Review: HSBC Bank of Nevada

• Submitted: Sat, May 28, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 28, 2011

• Reported By: Victim of HSBC Nevavda — San Antonio Texas United States of America
HSBC Bank of Nevada
Las Vegas, NV. Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

HSBC Bank of Nevada Demanded $3, 900.00 in Payment for a debt that was paid off. Claimed I hadn't made a payment in 8 years! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: It is not the bank

*Consumer Comment: You do have rights

HSBC Bank of Nevada is harrassing me through a law firm in Wisconsin (I live in Texas).  They have taken an account which has been closed for some time now and demanded over $3,900.00, claiming this account has not recieved a payment in 8 years.

Since I have lived in the house, with the same e-mail address & phone number for the last 17 years, you'd think they would have contacted me before now.  But they didn't.  All of a sudden, out of the blue, I got a letter from a law firm stating that I owed HSBC of NV. all this money!  I guess they figured that after 8 years I wouldn't remember my debts or keep any records of payments.

From the accounts I've been reading, I'm certainly not the first victim of HSBC of NV. greed.  However, I'm fighting back with the help of the state Attorney General's office.  I believe this error is one of three things: 1.) clerical error on the bank's part, 2.)Identity thrft, 3.) Embezzlement on the part of bank employee.

In addition to this belief that HSBC of NV. is playing games with my credit, I am a senior citizen and I think they believe if you're over 60, you have no memory at all.  Being a senior citizen does not mean I can't remember my responsibilities to my creditors.  I do and I DON"T owe the HSBC Bank of NV. a dime, nor will I pay them one cent!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2011 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank-of-Nevada/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/HSBC-Bank-of-Nevada-Demanded-3-90000-in-Payment-for-a-debt-that-was-paid-off-Claimed-734317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank of Nevada

It is not the bank

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Is is a third party debt collector scumbag - What is the name of this company?? Don't pay them a dime!! This will only re-age the debt and they got you on the hook.  Go to www.budhibbs.com for more information on how to deal with these losers.  FYI they bought this "debt" for pennies on the dollar.

You do have rights

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This sound like some Junk Debt Buyer bought some accounts from HSBC and is trying to collect on them. You do have some rights here:

1: The Statute of Limitations in Texas is 4 years. Even if you do owe the money, the SOL is an Affirmative Defense against having to pay them. They probably know this and are betting you don't. Why? Any payment you make could re-start the SOL all over again.

2: The debt is too old to be put on your credit file. Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act limits derogatory trade lines to 7.5 years from the date of the first missed payment.

I would simply tell these Bozos to F*ck Off and Die and never call me again.

definite