Complaint Review: HSBC Bank

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:State Of Maryland
HSBC Bank
1352 Charwood Road Hanover, Maryland U.S.A.

HSBC BANK Lowered Credit Limit - No Notice via Accountcentralonline, HSBC suddenly lowered my credit limit to a shade higher than current balance Hanover Maryland

*Author of original report: New LOWERED Limit works out to 5% available credit

Well, I knew HSBC was a low-end creditor and they've gone and proven it. My latest statement from 5 days ago, viewed online, reflects NO CHANGE. However, upon making payment online this morning, low and behold........

my credit limit had been lowered by about 30% (not bad) and I have a limited amount of available credit now.

I made the payment this morning - well above (actually about 5x) the minimum due - which is what I usually do on this account as I intentionally used the credit line to make a single fairly large single purchase about six months ago intending to pay it off in increments (and have been doing so religiously since).

Not a major "loss" for me as I did not intend on using my HSBC card again, except in an emergency (which isn't anticipated), but I certainly do not appreciate a slash in my credit limit without notice.

So, all you HSBC execs, full of crap on your million dollar salaries, bite me. Instead of you using me, I feel I have used you for all you are worth and I continue to enjoy my purchase of about six months ago.

You are still a sub-standard company. But then again, you are in the banking business and we all now know how sub-standard you are.

May you go bankrupt and not receive any bailout funds.

[ in Maryland ]

Prefer Anonymity
State Of, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank/Hanover-Maryland/HSBC-BANK-Lowered-Credit-Limit-No-Notice-via-Accountcentralonline-HSBC-suddenly-lowered-426443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank

New LOWERED Limit works out to 5% available credit

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

As an update, a little math indicates that HSBC's lowering of my credit limit amounted to nearly precisely an amount whereby my balance stood at ninety-five percent of available credit being utilized.

Gee, i bet this does wonders when other creditors look at my credit report. I have made a fairly hefty payment to HSBC and am awaiting it's posting to account to see if they lower my limit once again to that magical 5% available credit figure. At the time they actually REPORT my standing to the bureaus, I fully anticipate not being at any 95% utilization figure.

If they do lower my limit again, i suspect i may have a legal case as they HAVE NOT CLOSED my account and it does not appear i'm in any sort of "charge-off" category.

bums