• Report: #203934

• Submitted: Tue, August 01, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 01, 2006

• Reported By:North East Maryland
HSBC Bank
1111 Town Center Drive Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

Direct Merchants Bank cheated me on my credit card bill and I had been dealing with them about it. But now all of the sudden HSBC has got in the middle of the credit disbute. They keep calling a telephone number that belongs to my parents who are handicapped. They can't answer the telephone at all hours of the day and night and on weekends. I still get my mail there but I had told the company where they can call me at and to stop calling my parent's house. But they are refusing to do so. The dispute with Direct Merchants Bank is they cheated me by charging an insurance policy that I didn't order along with a big purchasing fee. The account has been closed since 1995, but last week they told me that I signed for that insurance. It is hard to sign for something that was closed two years earlier. So before I sent the last two months payments I have only deducted the insurance payments. Well Direct Merchants Bank charged me for insurance payments and late fees. So again I wrote them and deducted the money for the late fee and insurance payments and sent them a check. Again insurance payment and late fees were added. Until I got so frustrated I decided to forget trying to correct their mistake and send them the total amount that they asked for, but they swear that after three weeks they didn't receive it. So I guess the check must be lost in the mail, and told them that I was going to pay off the whole credit amount this time and make them sign for the receiving of the check. But they said unless I pay it with in the next day, they are going to continue to call my parent's house and my work. I thought there were laws about harassment and fraud on a credit card bill. So HSBC and Direct Merchants Bank need to make this right some how on their part since I have written them several times about their error in billing. If anyone can help. Let me know. Thank you!!

Jeannie
North East, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2006 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89144/Direct-Merchants-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-NA-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-203934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Bank